Sunday 7 October 2012

Bagel in France? Get In!

I'm here to answer a question that I know has been bothering you.

But before I start I need to clear the way.

I am sick of travel blogs that seem to think that listing 20 million coffee shops or restaurants is helpful and expect me to somehow believe that there are 20 great places in the touristy part of town to get a coffee. And because I hate reading a travel blog that says: "I didn't go there but it looked pretty". Thanks for that useless tip, blogger! Let's face it: travel blogs suck because you can't trust anyone.

Except me. Because I'm always right.

I digress. Apparently, that rant had been building up.

Your question, of course, was "Where in Nice can I possibly find great coffee?"  I spent two weeks in Nice and spent a lot of that time searching for good coffee, thus consider myself qualified to answer. Below are three places that I found serving non-hideous coffee.

1. Emilie's Cookies
You know what? Nice is HOT in summer Frenchies and this Aussie girl prefers air con when it's 30 degrees outside, not an outside table right in the boiling sun. Also, I hate rubbish Niçoise salads. Emilie's Cookies understands so instead there's air con, bagels, cookies and good coffee. Thanks Emilie!*

2. Cafe Marche
In the old town. Great coffee. Cute wait staff. Air con. Boxes ticked.

3. 20 sur Vin
Not actually a coffee shop, a restaurant. Lunch is amaze. Also good coffee. Close to shops with air con. Obviously, their thing is more wine, so get a rosé while you're at it.

Trust me, people. I'm a blogger.


* (Apparently there is more than 1 location in Nice but I wouldn't know as I am a tourist)

2 comments:

  1. It was bothering me. Now I know.
    Which is convenient. Because I could be in Nice anytime now. Really. Give or take 6 months or so.

    But when I'm there, your opinion on coffee is the one that matters. Obvs.

    I'm pleased you documented the Bee by the way. It is important. I feel like it may have been for my benefit.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted on the Bee post. I have a pretty specific target audience, let's face it.

      Delete