Friday 18 May 2012

And Before I Leave...


It was a fitting coincidence that the book I received as a birthday/leaving gift from my excellent friend J, should be set in Sussex. I didn't even realise that I was coming here when we left.

The excellent protagonist Flora Poste tries to tidy the lives of distant relatives, who all seem very dirty and live in the darkest depths of Sussex.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything like Cold Comfort Farm while I've been here but then perhaps, I've not seen the "darkest depths" of Sussex (I'm heading to Brighton this afternoon, but I don't think that's anywhere near the depths)

I'd seen the movie many years ago and have to say that despite Flora being played by Kate Beckinsale, I still think that it's worth seeing too.

(N.B. background is of my new green(!) jeans)

No comments:

Post a Comment